Over 540,000 documents were to be coded within six months and a concordance database was to be provided for the same. The client provided wrong bates number to certain sets of documents and wanted these to be organized before the Concordance database is being shipped back to him. The team at Mindsprings immediately upon the approval of the coding instructions and receipt of data started working on the project.
- Over 540,000 documents were to be coded.
- The coded documents were to be delivered within six months.
- The coded documents need to be provided in Concordance Database.
Client end Problem:
- Client approached Mindsprings with the project requirements.
- The images were ready to be posted for work.
- The major problem was that approximately 100,000 documents were wrongly bates stamped and client wanted these documents to be sorted in a right manner.
- Mindsprings trained the staff on the project specifications as soon as the project coding manual was received.
- As the client provided wrong bates number while scanning these documents, these need to be first sorted before we could actually start working on these images.
- Mindsprings immediately assigned a team to sort the images and arranging the same in the order as they should be. In the mean time a program was designed to give internal bates numbers to the entire lot of documents.
- The client was provided with a fresh cross reference file with the old and new bates numbers.
- Once the documents were assigned new bates number the coding team started the coding on the documents.
- Providing the new bates number without re-scanning the images saved a lot of time and money.
- The project was delivered before time.